Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Zuzzy (Verdant Fields)

After painting my first mat, I had said to myself that I would leave the second mat until later. 

Well, the next day I got the urge to paint it up. (I guess technically that is 'later')

This is what the mat looked like before painting. 


Although this is the smaller version, the idea is the same. This mat had a lot more texture than the other mat.

I didn't take pictures of the process this time and just went at it. The process took about 2 1/2 hours again. 


I started with a black primer over the whole mat again. From there, I covered it with a dark brown. Next, I put on a lighter brown in the areas I thought I was going to leave brown. 

It then got a wash and when that dried, I went in with the green. I put the green in all of the forested areas and tried to go a bit heavier in the parts that looked particularly dense. 

I then washed the whole mat again with a light coat of black. Finally, I went in with a brush and dry brushed the hell out of each area. I tried to lighten up the green and the brown. 




I would say that I am happier with the end result of this mat more than I was with the other mat. This mat simply looks a lot more vibrant and exciting.

Both mats will certainly serve me well. I will hopefully be testing them out this Saturday with some games of Bushido. 

No comments:

Post a Comment