Saturday, August 2, 2014

Deff Dredd (Cap'N Edition)

My painting project this week was the first model from my Mek starter box. I chose the Dredd since I have just recently finished two other Dredds and they were really fun to paint. My first Dredd was Hulk inspired. The second was Iron Man inspired. And finally, this one was based on a Captain America. 


As with all my Dredds, I have magnetized the guns and arms. 


This will just be easier for transport and it should also make switching gun loadouts a bit less annoying. 


I had the same issue that I had with the previous two models with the shoulder armor on this model. The connection is just too small. So I ended up pinning them for extra stability. 


I went with a walking stance this time. The other two models were a bit boring. Since the model is pretty heavy, I ended up pinning the foot to the base. I then put cheap green stuff under the base to give it some extra strength and weight. 




This was also the first Dredd that I based. Since he has the silly stance, he needed to be put on the base. I went with a basic burnt earth with two different types of grass. I actually didn't like how I put the grass on the base, so I put the sticks on afterward to draw attention from that. The sticks actually worked out better than I expected. 


So this will like be my last Dredd for some time. I am going to focus on some boys over the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment