Monday, August 25, 2014

Zuzzy Mats (finally arrived)

I have wanted to have a few nice gaming mats for a while now. I have tried making my own here and there, but none of them were satisfying. 

So I asked around and got a recommendation for Zuzzy. I ended up ordering two mats back in May. The price was very reasonable and the shipping wasn't too bad considering that they were being sent half way across the world. 

Now, the main problem was the delay. If you do any research about this company, you are going to find three very true comments: 

1) the product is absolutely great. 
2) the company has probably the worst communication ever. 
3) you will likely wait a long ass time for your mats. 

So, I order two mats (3x3 feet) in May. I contacted the seller after about 7 weeks and got no reply. I emailed him again after about 10 weeks and nothing. 

Unfortunately, the time on a paypal refund had lapsed at this point. So I had basically given up on these mats and just considered it a loss. 

Well, sometime in early August, I finally got an email. The email apologized and said that the mats would ship out the next day. 

Great. I had my faith restored slightly and I was excited. A week later, the mats arrived!  



In the package was a small note that said sorry again and he included two small mats as a slight bonus/apology. 



This is a picture of the smaller mat. The larger mats are very similar. The mats roll up very well and store easily. The slight bump in the middle is from my cutting board. The mats sit very flat. 



So, now that I had them, it was time to start painting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment