Thursday, August 21, 2014

14 Century German Infanteyman

I painted something a little bit different this week. I went shopping last Friday and stumbled across this random model. 


I thought it looked interesting and that it would be a nice change of pace from the fantasy stuff I have been doing. 


The model glued together fairly well. The only issue I had was with his left arm, however, I think that was mostly the result of how I glued his left hand onto his left arm. A little green stuff mostly fixed that. 

I also had a bit of trouble with his left leg. The stance of the model seemed a bit strange and in the end, I had to pin him to the base to give him the stability that his legs weren't. 


I bought a new bottle of black primer and wanted to try it out. It actually worked a lot better than the normal black that I had been using. 


Painting him wasn't too hard. I focused quite a bit on his face. I am still trying to learn how to bring out the details in faces. I think this face turned out fairly well. 


I then washed the metal and tried to lighten up some areas with lighter silvers. I also touched up a few other parts that I missed. 



The last step was finishing the base. It was just a simply drybrushing job. 





Overall, he was a pretty neat model. I didn't completely like how his robes turned out. The paint I used was a new cream/bone from GW and the mixture seems clumpy. I am not sure I will use it much in the future. 

So now, it is back to some Orks!

No comments:

Post a Comment