Sunday, May 11, 2014

Malifaux Terrain (Murder Shack)

I played a game of Malifaux at my house this weekend for the first time. A friend made the trip out and I was excited to try out the gaming board that I had put together. It wasn't perfect, but it got the job done. 


Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to put together any terrain for our game, so we had to use whatever we could. 

So, on Sunday, I decided to buy some Popsicle sticks and try to make something. 

At first, I was aiming for an outhouse. 


This was the result after the first hour or so. I had originally used colored Popsicle sticks, since I could only get my hands on colored ones. So priming and covering up the green, blue, yellow and purple of the Popsicle sticks wasn't the easiest thing. 

Still, it turned out okay. 

I also wanted the shack to have a dilapidated, moldy feel, so I put some green crap on the bottom of each panel. 

It was at about this time that I changed from an outhouse to just an old shack. 

I also got the idea to put some Warhammer Dwarf props on the shed. 

This is the final result. 


I made the sign with something similar to green stuff and the nail in the sign is a piece of a sprue that I cut up. I then hit two sides of the shack with blood splatter using my airbrush to blow the new blood paint from GW off my brush. 


And finally, here is a Malifaux model beside the shack. I think the scale is okay, although maybe the shack is a few centimeters too high. 

Overall, I am very happy with the result. It was super fun to put this together and not at all too difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment