Monday, May 12, 2014

Malifaux Terrain (Gallows)

*Update*

I got the rope tied up nicely and put on the gallows. I think the scale actually worked. 


And for fun. 



----

My second terrain project for Malifaux was building a gallow. 

When I originally started looking for terrain ideas for Malifaux, the first thing I came across was a YouTube tutorial on how to build a gallow. 

It looked awesome and not too hard, so I decided to make my own. I didn't end up copying every aspect of the tutorial, but the overall idea is the same. 


It took me about 90 minutes to put all the wood together. I had a hell of a time making stairs, as I have zero experience making stairs. After a few failed attempts, I decided to just go with stacked wood. I haven't connected the wooden stairs and I don't think I will. Maybe I will build better stairs one day and just use the stack of wood as...well...a stack of wood. 


I also made a few stools out of green stuff. I wanted to put one of the stools on its side, but I got lazy and decided to not put much effort into the details on the bottom sides of each stool. 

The painting took me about another 90 minutes. I feel that 3 hours was pretty good for this piece. 

The last part I have to add is two nooses. I wasn't sure how to do it at home with the supplies I had. So I went to the craft shop near my school and bought the thinnest rope I could get. This is the result. 


They may be a little too thick, but I think they will do until I can find something a bit thinner. 

Unfortunately, I now have to wait until I finish work to find out about the sizes. 

I have also decided to start building the special rule terrain from the Malifaux scenarios. There are 12 pieces (I think) and they should be pretty fun to put together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment