Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Malifaux Sorrow Pt. 1

After finishing my wood bases, I moved onto the models for the box. I decided to start with a ghost type character called a sorrow. 

I have never painted a ghost or spirit before. I have also never painted something that is supposed to be translucent and intangible. So I am at a bit of a disadvantage with this model. 


I decided to not make the entire model a ghost. I decided to only have the bottom be the ghostly mist and instead, have a decaying corpse monster emerging from it. I think the idea is good and I will continue it with my next models. 

A criticism I received from a friend is that the bottom of the model (green part) is a bit confusing. It isn't full clear that it is suppose to be a ghostly mist. It also doesn't convey the intangible quality that the mist has. 

I am going to give the second sorrow a shot tonight. I am going to try basing in white this time instead of black. I am also going to go lighter on the green and maybe avoid washing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment