Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lilith Box Pt. 1

Over the past few days, I managed to get 5 of 6 models done from Lilith's crew box. 

I decided to paint all the demons' flesh the same way. And I went with a redish pink tone since I rarely paint anything this way. 

I have also been having a ton of issues with my airbrush lately. I think it is time for a new needle. I am getting a lot of splatter. I will have to actually find out how to deal with that. 


Barbaros gave me one huge problem. I painted up his body seperately from his wings. I didn't realize while painting that the wings would be such a tight fit. 


In the process of jamming them in, I accidentally chipped paint on his body and on the wings. Also, the connection between the wings and the body is hideous. But I am going to leave it as a constant reminder to plan better. 

I went with a very different color for Barbados, but I think it turned out well. The green wings were a last minute decision, but I think they work. 


The Terror Tots were simple, but I had a few problems with their arms. I snapped one off while painting and the Tot on the left gave me a lot of troubles when gluing him together. 


The mad gash in the one Tot's arm because of the breaking arm will likely just be a battle wound. 


Finally, the Cherub. I went with angelic white wings because I like the look of pure white on models. I also don't know how to shade white, so whatever :) 


I will get to Lilith tonight and tomorrow. I am not sure about the paint scheme for her. Her box art paint scheme is a bit bland in my opinion, so I think I will toss I a few brighter colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment