Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Da Clash! Teddy Fear

Teddy Fear was the first of the 7 Da Clash! models that I bought to get painted. 

Teddy was one of the harder models to put together. He is supposed to look like this. 


I found it very difficult to position his arms in such a way to hold the chainsaw up in the air.  I decided to position it down for ease and stability. 


I also had to put green stuff around his arm joints since they did not match up perfectly with this new stance. 

I decided to go pretty standard with his colors. I went with a dark brown for his hair and then tried to lighten it up with dry brushing. 


The fur is a lot darker than I intended, however, it is not as dark as it appears in the photo.

Next, I decided to go with pink and blue for the colors. I wanted something that really stood out. I also wanted the colors to show how potentially cute and cuddly this little guy was at some point in his life. 


Finally, I did his chainsaw. I went orange simply because I hate yellow. The problem with orange is that it doesn't show rust well. I had never considered this before and found out the hard way. 

To bring out the rust, I decided to use a sponge to put on silver spots to look like paint chips. I then used the sponge again with a rust color to try and cover or overlap with the silver paint chips. It worked out okay, but not ideally. 



The main thing that I forgot to do with Teddy is highlight the saw blade. I don't know why I forgot to do this. It was pretty late at night when I finished this model and I just rushed to put blood on the saw. Oh well. 

I also discovered that I don't like clear bases at all. They show any little mess up with the super glue and the fingerprints on them drive me crazy. 

I have since removed Teddy from this base and I am painting some left over magnetic Warhammer Fantasy bases I have. 

Overall, I am pretty happy with Teddy. He looks evil and from a distance, he looks very good. He will be a great character for the game. 

Next up, the Nun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment