Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pumping Out Warriors

*Update*

This is as done as they will get. 




About two weeks ago, I decided to buy a box of dwarf warriors. Why?  

Well, there are two reasons I guess. The first, I can use more warriors instead of using so many proxies.  The second, the store I buy GW stuff from only had a single box of dwarf warriors in stock. And they haven't had new stock in the last three weeks. 

One of the difficult (obviously) things about living in South Korea and being a wargaming is getting models. It really isn't too big a deal for most games, but for GW, we are limited. I either have to rely on the single store in Seoul, order from that store or maybe use the GW online site, but I am not sure how easy that is with their stupid regulations.

Anyways, I didn't have too much motivation to paint these guys, but I did manage to get them to about 90% in about 4 hours this morning. 


They turned out...standard. The dwarf warriors are just so boring to paint. The part I especially hate about them is the cloth. I haven't been able to make it work. This time, I used a sky blue color (oops) that didn't go on as well as I had hoped. 

I also tried messing around with the bases, but I don't like the result. It was too rushed, but oh well. 

I am happy that they are basically done. I will spend a few hours tonight before bed touching up each model and basing them with flock. I will likely end up redoing the sky blue as well. 

The only cool thing that came out of this was the model on the far right. 


I actually had a set of arms left over from Grimm (shooty dwarf guy). I decided to slap them on this model and he ended up looking badass. I will certainly spend more time with him later. 

I think if I make any more dwarf purchases, it will just be with elite units. I may end up getting a few copters and a few more boxes of Ironbreakers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment