Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Avatars of War Pt. 2

I quickly got to painting the new models I received from Avatars of War. I have been much too distracted with PC games lately and I have had an urge to paint. 

I decided to paint the Thunderer model first. 



The model's posture and weapons are absolutely fantastic. My only complaint about the model is that it is a bit too large. I will have an issue when trying to use this model with my other GW models since he likely won't rank up very well

I think I will end up creating some specific models to stand beside them with accommodating stances. 

I did mess up a bit on this guy. 

I didn't clean some of the excess metal off of some parts and I left a few nasty mould lines. Also, I messed up and forgot to glue the rifle's barrel and his cigar on before priming. Oops. 


You can certainly see the gap on the barrel in this picture. 


Overall, I am pretty pleased with how he turned out. It certainly isn't my best work, but it was fun to do and some more experience with metal figures for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment