Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sonnia Criid

I have quite a few models sitting around my desk that I never ended up getting to for one reason or another. 

While on Reddit yesterday, I noticed a contest. It was focused on female models. I have never submitted any of my models for a contest, but I thought I'd give this a shot. 

At the very least, it motivated me to paint a model that I have just sitting there. 

So, I chose Sonnia Criid, a Malifaux model.  





Overall, I think it turned out okay. Her face is the area that probably could have gone better. She is a fire type Mage, so I wanted to try and give her darker, fiery eyes. I tried a red wash after painting her face and it ended up just looking dark and sickly. 

I will have to try and look for some tutorials on how to paint fiery eyes. 


So, although I don't think I will even come close to winning the contest, I am still very happy that the model is finished. 

I actually have an appointment to play Malifaux this weekend. Maybe I will work her into a crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment