Monday, March 2, 2015

3 Bakemono Models

February has been more of a playing
month than a painting month. Still, I did manage to finish up three Bakemono models that I had sitting around. They were based quite a while ago and I have been dreading these models for some time. 

These three models are fairly small Bushido models. They are also incredibly busy models. They have so many little charms and different pieces of clothing all over their tiny bodies. 

So, I tried my best and this is the result. 


These are the three models that I painted. 

First, Zung Fu. 



I think this guy was the easiest of the three models. He doesn't have too many little details and there is a lot of skin. 

Next is Tra-Peng. 


I have never painted a bat before and this ended up being very tricky. I guess the bat's wings should have a veiny aspect to them, which I didn't really achieve. I also feel that I may have gone too brown with this model. The original artwork is a lot brighter, but I felt that this guy should be darker. 

Lasty, I painted Wu-Zang. 


This guy was certainly the trickiest. I had a hard to distinguishing a lot of the details on the model, especially his clothing. I also decided to attempt my first glow effect. He is holding some kind of green gem in his hand. I think I blasted this model in the face a bit too heavy. 

I am glad that these three models are finished. As I said above, they are busy, tiny models, which really put me off on painting them. The next model I will be putting together is a bigger Oni from Bushido. 

No comments:

Post a Comment