Monday, March 16, 2015

My Maggoth Lord

After spending so much time building small models from Bushido and Infinity, I decided it was time for a new style of model. I don't really play WH:F, but I do love their models, especially the new bigger models they have been releasing. 

So, I grabbed a Maggoth Lord box a few weeks ago and have been working on it since. 

The big model has been a nice change. It has given me so much more room to work. 



I spent quite a bit of time green stuffing some cracks and based it in a light brown color. 


I went with green skin simply because I like using green. I also used a skin tone for his stomach, but then later went a bit heavy with the red guts. Oh well. 


I wanted to darken the areas around his wounds and pimples. It was a little darker than I had wanted as I wanted a redder tint. I later went over each spot with a light red drybrushing. 


I spent quite a bit of time going over each pimple. I did four or five coats with yellow/green mixtures and then I finished with the Nurgle Rot paint. 

The Maggoth was pretty much done at this point. I then magnetized his mouth and the lords waist. 




I plan to paint all three lords, but as of now, I have just this green guy done. 

Last night, I spent some time doing a quick base and this is where the model is currently at. 












This has certainly been the longest amount of time I've spent on a single model. I think I am around 20 hours so far. I will get the other lords done, but not this week. 

Overall, it was super fun to do this model and I think it is one of my best looking models. I think I'll be buying more GW models in the future for fun painting project...and who knows...maybe even a nurgle army. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment