Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Perdita vs. Tara

Last Sunday, I was a little sick. I have been sick all week in fact and really haven't gotten much painting done at all. 

Since I was sick on Sunday, I only managed to get one game of Malifaux in. I played my first 50 point game as Perdita against a Tara crew. 

My crew consisted of Perdita's standard family plus Sidir from the Relic Hunters box and also the Warden. I added these two models to simply try them out since their wave two card were released just a week before. 

The first round of the game consisted of us just moving forward. However, the Tara player's last turn was the reactivate Tara and rush her headlong toward my crew. 

I then spent all of round two unloading all of my ammo to try and take Tara down. 


She did eventually fall, but it took a lot of effort. She basically stole my second round. 

My opponent then used the rest of this turn to move in. 

It was on turn three that the game swung in my favor. I managed to get Papa Loco into the middle of about 60-70% of his remaining army. 

Loco lit the fuse on his dynamite and blew himself up, crippling much of my opponent army and his control hand. 


The game carried on and because of a careless move by me to bring Perdita in close to my opponent, we ended up tying. My stupidity allowed my opponent to Deliver a Message to Perdita. 

Overall, the game was a blast and our ending scores were 6-6. I could have won the game had I done a few things differently.  I don't think I was thinking as clearly as I could have been due to my illness. It was still super fun and a great day overall. 




No comments:

Post a Comment