Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hulk Deff Dread

Lately, I haven't been enjoying painting Malifaux. The figures are quite tiny and I have painted too many humans recently. 

So, when I was at my local shop this weekend, I decided to purchase the double box of Deff Dreads. 

Although I don't play 40k, I have always loved Orks. I think they are incredibly fun to paint, they look great and mistakes when painting just add to their awesomeness. 

So, I bought these Dreads and decided to paint the first one with a classic Hulk scheme. 


It is hard to see in this picture, but I gave the can purple pants and I painted many of the other plates green. I also added a but of red here and there for good measure. 

The metallic parts are silver and screaming bell (my favorite metallic). 

Then I have the model a nice splash of rust and metal wear and tear. Finally, I blasted blood at it. 


I also magnetized a lot of the model. The four arms come off and so to the saws on the front of the arms. 

I did screw up quite a bit on the magnets with heir positioning, though. This was my first time to build the model and I foolishly didn't look at any reference pictures before hand. 

So, it was a bit of trial and error and I'll apply that to the next model. 


The next Dread scheme is am going to do is Iron Man. Ork Avengers, here I come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment