Thursday, July 10, 2014

IronDeffMan

I bought the Deff Dread box with two of them in it. The first Deff Dread turned out okay, but it was missing some stuff. I didn't wash the green body too much and I also didn't put much highlights into it. 

This time, I decided to try washing most of the model and then highlighting some of the red surfaces. 

I wanted to do an Iron Man scheme this time, so I mostly went with gold and red. 


You can see some blue tac under his left foot. This is because I put his legs off center. Once I actually do up the base, he will be glued down 


I screwed up a bit with my lighting idea. I didn't take enough time to actually think about where the light was coming from. It is something I have to think about next time. Still, I am happy with how the lighter red turned out on top. 


The arms were magnatized again. This time, I put the magnets in a better position on the upper two arms. They are more horizontal now instead of human like arms. 


I again splashed the model with blood. I loaded up he brush and blasted it onto the model with the airbrush. 


I screwed up with the engines or whatever they are on his back. I painted everything seperate and I didn't consider which engine would go into which space. Of course, the chose the wrong one and highlighted the wrong side. I may go back and fix it in time. 


Overall, I have had a fun week painting these. They are wicked models and they have a lot of character. Someone could really take their time and do a lot with the details on the guns. 

In all honesty, painting these two is kind of encouraging me to start an Ork 40k army. We'll see. 


Bye bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment