Thursday, March 6, 2014

Longbeards (first 10)

I continued to work on my dwarfs this week. I am quite determined to get up to about 1,500 points with them as many new players at the shop in Seoul have recently picked up WHF. It will be nice to learn with them. 

Since I am in Korea, it can be difficult to get miniatures. It is even more difficult to get Gamesworkshop miniatures because of their online retailer policies. 

I said that I wanted to be quite selective about which units I buy this time. However, that may not be possible. My choices are limited. However, I made another decision recently. I decided to use models as proxies. I never liked doing that in the past. Ideally, I would love to have a uniform platoon. Dwarfs, however, look so similar. Longbeards, warriors and ironbreakers are all pretty much the same. 

So, I decided to just make sure my front rank or two are the models I intend to use and the models behind them should just look somewhat similar. 

So even though I am not planning in using Longbeards, here are 10 Longbeards. 


They will most likely fill in spots behind warriors and ironbreakers. Or I may choose to use them in the future and have warriors fill in behind. Either way, these 10 are done and they will find some place in my army. 

I think they turned out well. They are very shiny and metallic. I have really been enjoying the use of metallics when painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment