Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dwarfs (Warriors and Thunderers)

I received a Dwarf battleline last week. It contains 59 models. Battle forces and big boxes of models have a tendency to discourage me from painting. This weekend, however, I decided to tackle the box. 

I started by assembling the 20 warriors. 



Tons and tons of bits. I also realized that if I were to put the arms on, that it would be nearly impossible to paint their faces. This added a bit more time to the job. 

I then decided to put together 20 thunderers as well. The intention was to get them primed all at once. 


Then the priming started. 


Messy stuff. 


But it didn't take too long with the airbrush. 

I then applied Leadbelcher and Dwarf Bronze to a few pieces. 


The next step was a brown wash. 


This was the end of night one. 

The next day I started with a silver dry brushing. 


This is where I had intended to paint them 5 or 10 at a time. 

But once I got started on their beards, I just couldn't help but continuing. 


After I painted on the beards and skin, I decided to glue them all up. 

The next step was getting to the fabric and details. 


After a bit more work on Sunday and Monday morning, this was the final result. 





It was a long long long weekend of painting, but I am pretty happy with the results. 

These models are definitely not as clean or detailed as some of my other dwarfs, but the fact that I got 40 done in one weekend makes me very happy. These are just core units, so I don't think I have to invest too much effort into them. 

My next project will be finishing off the battleline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment