Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My New Toy

It was my birthday this week and I received a very a awesome gift from my loving girlfriend. She bought me an airbrush!!! 


It is my first time to use an airbrush. I actually don't have any art background whatsoever, but I am still really into painting models. I started painting Warhammer 40K about 3 years ago and I haven't really slowed down in the hobby at all. I am now painting Infinity, Malifaux, Bushido and Warhammer Fantasy models. 

It took me a long time to actually get into playing the games these models are used for, but I am happy to say that I have regular skirmish matches with Infinity. 

This is the first model I painted with the airbrush. 



I think this river troll turned out really well for my first try.  I love how smooth I am able to paint with the airbrush. I will still have to work on my masking, as some of the edges are a bit too sharp. I don't think it will matter too much on vehicles, but it is a little noticeable with fur and skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment