Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ito Family Pt. 1

So, I have been working on getting the models I have finally all painted up. I am sure most people that do this hobby can agree that the models start to pile up if you aren't painting on a regular basis. I actually really enjoy assembling the models when I first get them. I then prime them and usually let them sit for a while. 

The two models in today's post have been sitting on my desk for more than a month. I finally got around to them this week. 

I think they turned out okay, but I feel that some of the colors may be a bit overpowering or just poor choices. One obstacle that I have been trying to overcome is color choices. Since I don't have much of an art background and also since I am not overly artistic, I often find it difficult to choose colors that work well and also please me at the same time. 

So here is Kahime Ito. I purchased her for her range. My army previously was all melee and I felt that she would provide a nice bit of balance to my team. 



I think she looks okay overall, but I am not too sure about my blue choice. I keep trying to make blue and purple work on a lot of models and it never seems to come out how I imagined it. 

Here is Ayako Ito. I picked this model up to replace the lackluster caster I had from the base set. 



I really like how the white mask turned out on this model. My only problem with her is that she is a bit too green. I feel like I should probably change the color of her sleeves to help break up the green. Not sure if I will since I am lazy and once I have finished a model, I usually don't go back to it. I have to draw the line somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment